Sunday, February 28, 2010

Anyone old enough to remember The School House Rock cartoons that were on every Sat. morning?

Tell me your favorite one. Mine was A Noun.Anyone old enough to remember The School House Rock cartoons that were on every Sat. morning?
Mine favorites were Conjunction Junction, Interjections, Nouns, and I'm Just a Bill.





(I wasn't born yet but I still love them)Anyone old enough to remember The School House Rock cartoons that were on every Sat. morning?
I loved that show. I loved I'm just a bill on Capital Hill and Conjunction Junction what's your function. They still use those episodes to teach in the schools where I live. My brother learned about a bills with it.
Yes. I remember Schoolhouse Rock fondly. And especially for one actor who voiced many of the most memorable of the cartoons. He was Jack Sheldon, who had a memorable career as a jazz trumpeter and band member on The Merv Griffin Show and several TV variety shows. He also starred in his own TV series, ';Run, Buddy Run'; about 1966. His voice lended itself to some hilarious cartoon characterizations: Among these were:





Conjunction Junction ( conjunction) - music %26amp; lyrics by Bob Dorough; performed by Jack Sheldon and Terry Morel.*Rufus Xavier Sarsaparilla ( pronoun) - music by Bob Dorough; lyrics by Kathy Mandary; performed by Jack Sheldon*Busy Prepositions ( preposition) - music %26amp; lyrics by Bob Dorough; performed by Jack Sheldon and Bob Dorough*The Tale of Mr. Morton ( subject and predicate) - music %26amp; lyrics by Lynn Ahrens; performed by Jack Sheldon.The Body Machine ( nutrition) - music %26amp; lyrics by Lynn Ahrens; performed by Bob Dorough and Jack Sheldon.*The Energy Blues ( energy conservation) - music %26amp; lyrics by George Newall; performed by Jack Sheldon.*Them Not-So-Dry Bones ( skeletal system) - music %26amp; lyrics by George Newall; performed by Jack Sheldon.I'm Gonna Send Your Vote to College ( Electoral College) -music %26amp; lyrics by George R. Newall and Bob Dorough; performed by Jack Sheldon.





You do know, don't you, that a 2-DVD set was released of all 46 songs a few years ago? It might still be available. Check around.





Here is a link for further information:


http://www.school-house-rock.com/





If you would like some further information on Jack Sheldon, check out this website for some of his jazz trumpet recordings.





http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?ei=UTF-鈥?/a>
One day at work, I had those songs running through my head all day.
You bet. My faves were Conjunction Junction, Figure 8 and Just A Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment