Friday, February 26, 2010

Spiritually speaking-how do you build your house on a rock? (St Matthew 7:24) What does it mean?

I asked about this scripture before .Here is a link if you wish to check out the answers I received .





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…Spiritually speaking-how do you build your house on a rock? (St Matthew 7:24) What does it mean?
Luke describes the wise builder as digging deep and laying the foundation on a rock. The Rock on which we build is Christ Himself (Deuteronomy 32:1-4; Psalm 18:2, 46; I Corinthians 3:10-11). In this parable, Christ teaches us the importance of doing as well as hearing. In His description of the two builders, He judges them, not only by their care in building their houses, but also by the foundation on which they build. A rock foundation represents true understanding and right action—true conviction and commitment manifested in righteousness. Only in obedience and dedication to a personal relationship with Christ the Rock can we find emotional and spiritual stability—without which even our most dedicated purposes rest on shifting sand.Spiritually speaking-how do you build your house on a rock? (St Matthew 7:24) What does it mean?
Blessings.....Build Your House on the Rock


';Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like(AN) a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.';So Jesus is saying, everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice and do it, we are being wise.,Nice Question!!
Its a metaphor -- it simply means that the house needs to be built on a solid foundation in order for it to last. If it is built on sand, the shifting sands will cause it to sway in strong winds and perhaps even tear it down. That being said, the same analogy applies to relationships and commitments. For them to last, they need a solid foundation -- otherwise any crisis that comes along may cause the relationship to flounder. The Catholic Church has been around for 2,000 years because it is built on the ';foundation'; of Jesus and the Apostles. Far too many Protestant churches have come and gone because they were built -- not on Jesus -- but on the whims of their founders.
2 Samuel 22:2-3


2 And he said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress and my deliverer;


3 The God of my rock; in Him I will trust:'He is' my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior; thou savest me from violence.





God must be the center of ones life. We must live for God's purpose in us, for His glory.


We will have all that is good, just and triumphant when we build on God as the very foundation of our lives. :D
Jesus is telling the Parable of the Two Builders here in Matthew 7:23-25 and a parallel account in Luke 6:47-49





Matthew 7:24 Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and DOES them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:





The key to building your house on the rock is by hearing and studying the word of God now and on a regular basis. When we have our souls filled with God's doctrine we have a basis with which to fight temptations and the storms that will assuredly come. We have a refuge in Him.
Building your house upon a rock refers to the words Jesus spoke.





His words are the rock, they are the truth For Jesus said,


Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, Matt 7:24 (KJV)





If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15 (KJV)





He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: John 14:20-21 (KJV)





He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him John 14:21 (KJV)





If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.


John 14:23 (KJV)








25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.





26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.


John 14:25-26 (KJV)





My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it Luke 8:21 (KJV)





49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. John 12:49-50 (KJV)





The words Jesus spoke are the rock the foundation in which we are to build our trust and believe in.





PETER is a STONE, a stubbling stone.





40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.


41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.





42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone. John 1:40-42 (KJV).





33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Matt 10:33 (KJV)





34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. 35 Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee.


Matt 26:34-35 (KJV)
Spiritually speaking, it is to build your beliefs on the Word of God and do what it teaches, and this will also ensure that your beliefs will not crumble.





What is the Word?





Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh and tabernacles among us, and we gaze at His glory, a glory as of an only-begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.'; (Jesus, quite obviously)





What is the rock?





1Co 10:4 and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they drank of the spiritual Rock which followed. Now the Rock was Christ.';





So we have to have a foundation on God's Word, and do what it says.





Mat 7:24 ';Everyone, then, who is hearing these sayings of Mine and is doing them shall be likened to a prudent man who builds his house on the rock.





(What is the rock? His sayings/ the Word of God. What is meant by building on the rock? Putting the Word of God into action.)





Mat 7:26 ';And everyone who is hearing these sayings of Mine and not doing them shall be likened to a stupid man who builds his house on sand.





More spiritual meaning to the parable: (I'm making this up as I go along)





What does it also say will happen to the spiritual house of the man who builds his beliefs on the Word of God?





Luk 6:48 Like is he to a man building a house, who digs and deepens, and places the foundation on a rock. Now, at an inundation occurring, the river bursts through to that house, and it is not strong enough to shake it, because it is ideally built.';





It will weather spiritual storms and it will not fall.





And the one on sand?





Luk 6:49 Now he who hears, and does not, is like a man building a house on the earth without a foundation, to which the river bursts through, and straightway it collapses; and the crash of that house came to be great.





It will fall and crumble under spiritual attack.





Hope this helps.
God is the rock. If we build our faith on him, we will stand strong in the storms of life.





But if we are foolish and build our foundation on something weak (such as money, a person,etc.) then we will not be able to stand up through the storms and trials.
Yes, it is a metaphor. It means to put your faith and life in Gods hands and not mans because God won't ever forsake you and man will. Give your life to Him and you're investing your soul into something certain and permanent. Man, earth, flesh, etc is not.
God is referred to as your ';Rock';. Without Him, you cannot have a stable life. He wants us to find Him, and build our lives on/with Him. without God, your life could easily be ';washed away as if your home was build on sand';. You need a foundation! :)
If you build a house on a rock, it means it has a stable foundation. Your faith should also have a firm foundation in truth, not traditions and ideas of men.
a rock = the rocky ground





Christ is our rock. Build your faith on a solid foundation.





1Cr 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
It means that your belief and faith in Christ should be on stable and sound foundation. Your faith has to be strong not to falter and turn away from God when the storms of life come against you eg. illness, financial burden, death %26amp; etc.
the house is your is a home where your Spirit lives. Jesus is tell us to build on Him for he is the corner stone and the rock .
It means it has to be based on solid facts, not unsubstantiated giant invisible fairy stories.





Practicing Shaman... quantum physics rocks.
The foundation is solid. If you listen to the Lord's word and live your life according to them will be like a person who builds his/her house on a rock.
It means a solid foundation. It is a literal term for an esoteric idea.
It means that your beliefs are anchored and immovable.
a stable foundation
something with foundation that wont break or fail..
The rock is Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment